Thursday, May 7, 2009

Goodbye Yesterday

Yesterday was a tough day for me, both mentally and physically. I have this crazy addiction to granola... yes... of all things... granola. I have been eating so much granola over the past few days that I think I am finally almost sick of it. Well, in the midst of trying to get over my addiction to granola, the other day I found these "veggie chips and fruit chips" at whole foods and thought to myself, maybe the "crunchiness" of a "healthy snack" is what I need, rather than granola. These are basically veggies and fruits that are sliced and baked. They are much lower in sugar and fat vs. granola. So I bought some. I began my day yesterday with the goal to zone all day and get back on track with my fitness goals. Breakfast went well, then around lunchtime, I got a little hungry, but I wasn't starving, so I decided that I would have some of these "veggie/fruit chips". Well, they ended up giving me a bad tummyache that lasted all day. no fun. So I didn't feel like eating at all the rest of the day but I knew I had CF that evening and needed food in order to get through the workout. So around 3 I ate an apple and a little bit of a larabar. Then I felt terribly bloated. I got some coffee and forced some ground turkey down my mouth around 5 hoping some protein would make me feel better. Well I started to feel better as the day ended and made my way to CF. We began our workout and immediately I felt the lack of food affecting my performance. I had no energy. I was still very bloated and this just made me extremely frustrated. Mentally, I got down on myself and started getting frustrated with the fact that I haven't lost any weight over the past few months even though I have been working out and watching what I've been eating. I broke down into tears after the workout... pathetic.. I know. I was also so disappointed in myself because I wasn't able to lift as heavy as I wanted too. I now understand the meaning of food being fuel. You must give your body the right foods in order for you to feel good and to go full out during your workouts. I felt so terrible yesterday and the previous days, that now I am determined to zone and eat the foods that my body needs. So far, I have done really good today and feel great! I'm a little tired, but that is probably just due to lack of sleep. CF tonight at 6pm!!! I'm gonna give it my all!!!

I want to thank my friend Bonita for her constant support and words of encouragement. I met Bonita through my coach, Crystal, and I have never known such a positive and strong woman. She is so driven and inspires me to work hard and to never give up. I send her several emails almost on a daily basis (I probably drive her nuts) and she always replys with positive words and advice. One of the things I love about her is that she doesn't bullshit anyone, she speaks her mind, doesn't care what people say or think, and is always honest. She tells me things that I may not want to hear, but NEED to hear. Her mental and physical strength is incredible!! She is unstoppable! I would not be able to get through many of my "mental battles" without her. Although we have not known each other for very long and we really don't know each other very well, she has had a significant impact on my life and I am so thankful for her unconditional support. Thank you Bonita for being such a wonderful friend.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, cutie! Let's make a deal with each other to help make sure we don't mentally beat ourselves up too much over the next 6 weeks... PHYSICAL beatings are A-OK, but be good to yourself.

    Carla posted this on my blog, and I love it. I'm going to repeat it to myself whenever I want to eat something that delicia-crap:

    "You can't train on a shitty diet."

    See you tomorrow. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete