Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gettin Psyched for Spartan!!

I can't believe how quickly time has flown by... this Saturday is the Spartan 300 challenge!! I did a prelim spartan challenge a couple weekends ago with some friends and in the 20 minute time limit I completed 25 pull ups (assisted with band), 50 deadlifts (67 lbs), 50 push ups (most on my knees), 50 box jumps (about 12" box), and 50 floor wipers (65 lbs). I still had 50 kb clean & presses and 25 pull ups left to complete the entire workout. Thus, some of my goals for the final spartan challenge in June are:

- complete the entire spartan 300 workout in the 20-minute time limit
- be able to do at least one pull up with no assistance
- do at least 10 more push ups on my feet than I do this weekend
- zone at least 6 days a week

The hardest part of this challenge will be trying to zone while I am in Korea. I will be going to Korea for two weeks right smack in the middle of the 6 week spartan challenge. I want to enjoy my time in Korea and try all the different Korean dishes, but I don't want to fall off track. I feel silly for worrying about this when I should be excited about visiting my mother's home, my bestest friend and her fiance, and my family; but instead... my worrying-ass is stressing about how I will stick to the challenge while I'm in Korea faced with temptation and having no idea where I will be able to do my WODs. What I am super excited about though is that Andrea and I are going to go hiking and she is so pumped to do CF WODs with me!!! I guess only time will tell how this trip will affect my goals.

1 comment:

  1. i'm working out at the same time as you for spartan! YAY!!! i look forward to reading your deepest darkest secrets...you will include them, won't you?! ;) love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete