Monday, July 27, 2009

Tired...

This weekend was a very busy and fun weekend!!! Friday night Maggie, some friends, and I went out and had quite the night!! Great friends, great food, great everything!!! Saturday I went to Hip Hop class for the first time!! I've been trying to go ALL YEAR and I finally made it!!!! I gotta admit that I started to get super frustrated because its been years since I've learned choreography, so I felt like I was just not pickin up the dance as fast as I should've. But in the end, I got it down and it was a lot of fun!!! Gotta keep practicing the dance tho so I don't forget it!! LOL Well I guess the change in my sleep routine from Friday night caught up to me cuz on Saturday I took a nap from 840pm-1240am!!! I was gonna go out Saturday night, but I did not hear any of the text messages I had received!!! Not a single one made me flinch!! HAHA!! I guess I was wayy more tired than I thought. I didn't fall back asleep for about and hour or more and I had fallen asleep on the couch, so I woke up and stumbled to my bed. Then on Sunday I woke up way earlier than I wanted too but not early enough to meet Bonita and some other CFers for the Sunday 9am WOD, I woke up at about 850am!!! Def was a lose-lose situation for me. But I got up and started to try to do all the errands I've been putting off. I did tons of grocery shopping, bought a food processor and came home and had a cooking experiment extravaganza!!! I made Explosion of Bacon, Carrot Cake Caveman Cookies, and I tried to make Squash Fries. I used ground turkey and turkey bacon for the explosion of bacon. It smelled sooo yummy while it was in the oven!!! It tasted even yummier!! However, the turkey bacon is a bit too salty for me, so I'm gonna try to find some low sodium bacon or turkey bacon. I think I am destined to not have any kind of veggie chips/fries. I have been trying really hard to make homemade veggie chips from zucchinni and yellow squash, kelp and swiss chard and I constantly FAIL!! They are always either too burnt or too mushy. I duno what I'm doin wrong. So I tried butternut squash fries.... holy moly... cutting up a butternut squash is a total workout!!!!! I was totally sweating and cutting up just half of that squash was exhausting!!! Well, I put them in coconut oil, followed the steps of the recipe, and they burned.... some were still okay, and they tasted pretty good, but they sure weren't very crunchy, well either they were TOO crunchy and tasted like charcoal, or they were still kinda mushy. Why can't I just make some darn veggie chips?!!!! I'm veggie chip making impaired. Then came the Carrot Cake Caveman Cookies. I tweaked the recipe a lil so it wasn't sooo much fat. I used 2 cups mini carrots, 1 cup almonds, 1/2 cup coconut, ~2 tsp vanilla, 2tbsp coconut oil, 2 eggs, 1 egg white. When I first tried them I thought they tasted waaaay too "carroty". I was like YUCK. Then, all hell broke loose and I couldn't stop eating them!!! Omg, they were yummy!!!! Definitely plan on tweaking the recipe to decrease carrots, maybe add some cinnamon? I'm not sure, but all I know is that I ate waaay too many of them. They were great though~!~~ So cooking was a lot of fun!! 2/3 recipes turned out awesome!!!! I still am really trying to grasp the concept of "eat fat to lose weight." Don't get me wrong, I understand it, all the metabolic aspects of it and what not, but what I don't understand is how do you know when you're eating too much fat?? Almost all the paleo recipes I have found have a LOT of fat. So what I don't understand is how can people be eating that much fat and getting lean??? I wish someone could really explain this to me. My coaches and fellow CFers have advised me to paleo/zone. I have been doing this since I started paleoing. Not measuring PERFECTLY, but doing it as best as I can without it consuming a significant amount of time. But how the heck do you zone these paleo recipes??? They all are sooo high in fat, I think half of them wouldn't even bake correctly if you tried to zone the recipe. You can't even really portion it out either simply because the blocks of fat are significantly more than proteins and carbs. I'm so confused as to what to do. I usually just eat my pros, carbs, and fats separetely (i.e., 3oz turkey burger, 1-2 blocks carbs (i.e., 4 cups spinach, 3 cups shrooms), 1-2 tsp almond butter). But I want to start having more "complete meals." Something like a single main entree. Or a few different small entrees that fit together well. All in all though, the weekend was a success!! I am super tired today though and was dragging ass at boot camp this morning. It was pathetic. I thought all that fat I had yesterday might help me with energy today, but that was a negative. I think I'm still in need of sleep, so I'm gonna crash out early tonight!!! Wow, this is a really long post, guess its my way of makin up for slackin off so much on this blog.

as a goodbye note.. our WODs today were:

warmup

21, 15, 9
thrusters with dumbbells (I used 10lb dbs)
dumbbell swings (total weight was 20lbs)
med ball cleans (6lb med ball)

my time: 12:41 disgusting. I finished last and just felt like crap the entire workout.

50,40,30,20,10
overhead med ball sit up
supermans
run (~400m)

I did the sets of 50 and 40 and got through 30 OH sit ups, but then we had to stop and stretch

DONE.

I felt like I was really really bogged down today at boot camp, but I pushed myself through it and I didn't give up!!! Gonna eat great paleo meals today and get a good nights rest and kick ass in my WODs for the rest of this week!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment